Friday, August 24, 2007

100 Good Wishes Quilt

















Here is my first stab at making a quilt! For those of you who don't know, it is an old Chinese tradition to make a "100 Good Wishes Quilt". There are a group of ladies who are also waiting on children from China and we all exchanged a square of fabric with our best wishes on a separate card for their child. Also on the card was a swatch of the fabric so that you could match the wish with the square on the quilt. Abby did not have quite 100 squares, but I used pieces of fabric from the fabric in her room so that I could also use it as a comforter when she grows out of her crib.

In the center of the quilt, I put those fabrics from her room and my Mom put her monogram on one square and her Chinese name on another.

Ladies, see if you can find your square that you sent. I do have to apologize. I did get a few squares in right after I finished. But I am using those and making another quilt for a lady who was not in our group, but is also waiting.

Enjoy!












1 comment:

Mary Schneider said...

You are such a good Mommy for doing this for her. I haven't done one...too intimidating. I'll just stick to crib bedding. I'm sure this quilt will become quite a family heirloom.