Friday, August 24, 2007

Our Waiting Child



On June 20, 2007, at 10:00 CST the Waiting Children's List was published. I had trouble openeing it up on my computer and drove to my Mom's house to get on her computer. Mark fell in love with this little girl with big eyes. All we knew was she was C60711. We had the weekend to review her situation which was very minor. On Friday, June 22, 2007, we were able to file an application to see if we would qualify and be chosen as her parents. That was a LONG weekend.

And again we waited.

On Tuesday, June 26, 2007, the calls began to be made. My cell phone rang at about 1:00 p.m. and I just looked at it. I recognized the number and I knew this was the call. I finally realized I needed to answer the phone to find out anything. Ann Tollferson from Children's Hope International was on the other end of the line and told us that we were chosen to be the first family to review her file. Her question was "Did we want to look at it?" The answer was yes! I called Mark and told him that we got her! We received all the information that afternoon and I began doing reasearch and meeting with Doctors. Mark was in Canada at the time. I began e-mailing him information and by Thursday, we told CHI that we wanted her. We received these pictures.

Isn't she precious??? She is 12 months old in these pictures.

3 comments:

Mary Schneider said...

I remember seeing her precious face among the others in this batch of waiting children. It's amazing to think that out of the families who expressed interest in Abby, you were chosen!! So many forces at play...what an amazing experience adoption is.

Ruth said...

When we first went to the CHI site and saw Abby's pics we fell in love. Since we came to Singapore in February, we search the face of every little Chinese girl and say to each other...our niece is going to be beautiful just like this little girl. Now we finally have pics of our niece Abby. We have loved her since before she was born and feel like we've been awaiting a two year labor with Mark and Debbie and now she is born, she waiting and we are all ready to make her ours. I'm so glad that we're having the experience of living in Singapore which is 70% Chinese and learning as much as we can about China and southeast Asia so we can help bring her Chinese heritage alive to her. We already take a lot of pictures. Now we'll start a Chinese memory book for Abby. It will also include what we learn about other Asian cultures with pictures so we can share this part of her heritage with her.

We love you so much I just don't know how we can possibly love you anymore when we see you. I'm sitting here crying with happiness because our prayers have been answered for LiNa and Mark and Debbie and the boys. You're dream of a beautiful Chinese daughter is almost here.

Our love,
A. Ruth and U. Harry

Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.