Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Daddy's First Blog!!!!!


Hi everyone, well Debbie is getting some much needed rest, so I thought I would do a blog for a change. First of all, please forgive us for not posting yesterday. We were just a little busy and did not get a chance. From dad's point of view, I am just blown away by our little girl. She is amazing and so beautiful. My heart has been so full of joy from the first time I saw her. I am truly a blessed man as you can see.





We spent the day yesterday, along with many other parents doing paper work, paying fees, and signing documents. The people in the picture are all adopting parents. It is so wonderful to see people from all over the world coming to bring these little girls and boys home.










So with all of that done. Abby is officially ours. We have the paperwork to prove it. Next, we have to get her passport and visa, then we will be on our way home. Sounds simple, but nothing is simple over here. Just like the wait to get the referral, once you get here you get to wait some more. But, it is all worth it.







This a picture of the official document. They took a great picture of us, wish I had a bigger one.












This morning (Tuesday) we went to Teng Wang Pavillion. It is very famous in China. It so cool as we learn all about Chinese history. A pavillion was used by the millitary and the Government for meetings and events. I saw some Temples and Shrines while in Thailand but this building has no religious connection. The architecture is classic Chinese and it is right on the Gan river. The orginal pavillion was built over 1000 years ago. While there we saw a show with traditional Chinese music, singing and dance. Abby wasn't impressed, she slept most of the time. We did find out today she can get an attitude. She got mad at us and boy she would not even look at us for a while. As for us, We enjoyed the show and the tour very much. We also did a little shopping for some things to bring home. Tomorrow we go to the park and do some more sight seeing.





As for Abby, she continues to get to know us and I think she is beginning to bond with her mom. She gets very upset when Debbie even try's to give her to me. Once I have her, she calms down and melts in my arms. Then of course I melt. She also is beginning to reach out for Debbie and that is a big milestone. She does continue to have pain when she poops but we will get that fixed when we get back home.







Well thats about it for now, love you all and can't
wait to get Abby home so you can all meet her. Abby says good night and God Bless!













Another Video for Uncle Harry......


11 comments:

Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruth said...

Our beautiful baby's rose bud eyes look more relaxed and at ease with y'all in these pics. I think she is really bonding well with you guys. I love seeing her develop each day in the pics. Debbie's going to have to keep it up when y'all get home at least every couple of days so we can keep up with God's little blessing to the Stevens/Blanchard/Vickers families. I love you guys so much for bringing her into our lives. I think if we weren't so old I'd start the process myself but we're a little past the age of consent so we'll just enjoy Abby with you like we do our grandchildren. Thank you so much for this beautiful child.

Love you
Ruth

PS Enjoyed the movie. We'll bring our new video camera home and make more of her so we can enjoy her all the time.

Unknown said...

What a sweetie. That little girls life is in for a big change. She is going to be the bell of the ball and well desirved. Give her a kiss for us and send moooooooooore movies. We love them
Uncle Harry

Unknown said...

Mark while out and about if you see a musical instrument called a ruan it looks like a banjo but made of all wood. Let me know what they cost and see if I can order one from where ever you find them. Thanks Harry

Anonymous said...

Mark, you did a great job with the blog- very difficult for a Blanchard to admit. Ha. Every picture, movie and word brings tears to my eyes. You three are a blessing to us. I can't wait to meet her and hold her. She is a special Godly gift to our family. Again, thank you for being so generous. Love, Donald

Anonymous said...

I can,t wait to hold her. She is a precious gift. Debbie and Mark both of you are a special gift to all of us. Abby will truly be a blessing to our family. I hope that you are getting this.
Love you'll
Loretta

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark and Debbie, Can she walk? She is soooooooooooooo! squeezeable!!!! Mom will be good and slow, but I can't wait. Mark, Helen called Sunday nite. She wanted to call you. I had an emergency number, but I didn't want to scare you. Maybe if you have a moment you can call her or send a number she can call you. Mom

Mary Schneider said...

It must be amazing to watch her little personality start to peek through. She looks like she is observing every thing you guys do....smart little girl! You are both doing fantastic with her!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Debbie, Mark and ABBY,
What a beautiful child! I can only imagine the joy you both are feeling. Know that we share every minute of it. Abbey looks like she was made for you! Love, Tootsie

Susan Hughes said...

Oh, how precious! Isn't she just an angel? Debbie, I know you are soaking up every moment! The video of them putting her in your arms brought big tears to my eyes! I just can't wait to see you!!

Anonymous said...

Mark/Debbie, you all look positively radiant and I can sense your joy through my screen. Best of luck on your trip home and we're praying for you.