Friday, September 28, 2007

Home Sweet Home.......

We are home and could not be happier. We were greeted at the airport with baloons and flowers fit for the arrival of a princess. Debbies Mom and Dad, her brother Mike, Aunt Barbera, Cousin Loretta, Aunt Helen, God Mother Holly and many other wonderful friends. We are so thankful for being so blessed with our friends and family. Abby was a little shy but she did great. She also did great on the 24 hours of plane rides and layovers. She is such a wonderful little girl.















We went from the airport to Debbie's moms to spend a little time with everyone, Abby wasn't crazy about the car seat but she made it. Her amazing brothers Brandon and Jonathan suprized us and showed up. She already loves her big brothers.







From there we drove home and Abby got to see her new home and her new bed. I think she likes them. We had signs in the yard, signs in the house, food in the refrigerator then Lauren brought some more food. Later our Friends Jimmy and Carolyn and Steve and Ellyse came by with more food. Also while we were gone Mr. Steve came over and cut the yard. The neighbors came by with gifts and smiles. We are just overwelmed by the love and support everyone has shown Abby. We will never forget this and we will make sure that she knows how much she is loved, not only by us but by all of you. She is so strong and resillient it just continues to amaze me. We finally got her to bed about 9:00pm last night after 30 hours with one good nap in mom and dads lap on the plane from China and few cat naps.




She slept all night until 5:00 am this morning in her new bed in her room. She woke with a smile on her face. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to know this is not a dream. God is so good and we know He is watching over her and us. Through all of you, He is showing us His love. Believe me, we could never have done this without Him and you all. So all I have to say is, To Him all of Glory, and I promise we will always strive to be His example of love to Abby.

Debbie has been such a great Mom. She was up at 3:00 am this morning because she was scared she may not hear her if she cried. She did finally cry, but it wasn't until 5:00 am. Of course dad never heard a thing, I was dead to the world. I did wake up about 6:30 to Abby in her high chair smilling away watching cartoons on the TV, Debbie washing clothes and writing thank you notes. How blessed am I? While I am doing this Blog mom is out riding her around in her brand new stroller.

Today we are going try to get our lives just a little back to normal. For Breakfast I had some wonderful baked french toast (by Joe) with an ice cold glass of milk, can't get either of those in China. We get some clothes washed and our house in order, and I am sure have some more visitors to meet our Princess.

Thanks again for all of your prayers, help, and support. We will never forget this. I will continue to post here to keep the folks out of town posted on Abby's progress, just maybe not as often.

Bye for now and God Bless.

11 comments:

Ruth said...

Congrats on everything! We sure wish we could have been there. I can't believe how good she's doing. It is truly a blessing.

Now Mark...we do expect to have daily pics and updates. Love to see some pics of our little rosebud in her room and watching tv with her dad and more of her and mom and her and Pappa.

So you can't stop posting yet.

Love you all,
Auntie Ruth & U. Harry

Anonymous said...

Mark & Debbie,

My name is Dana, I work with Loretta. I would like to congratulate you on your wonderful Angel from God. I haven't met Abby yet, but I love her. I have followed your journey on your blog and couldn't wait to wake up and check what would be your next miracle. She is beautiful. I have laughed & cried while reading your journal. I even have my 12 year old son checking your blog everyday. You both are truly a blessing for accepting a feat as you did. Thank you for allowing me to follow your journey. Good Luck and God Bless. I can't wait to meet Abby and let me know if you ever need a babysitter!!!! PS> Give Abby a big kiss for me.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! You're home! With your precious, most beautiful daughter!! I think all of the March group followed you ever step of the way saying all our prayers for a safe, and HAPPY, journey! We can't wait to hear details after things calm down and some sort of normalcy returns!! Big hugs to you guys!

Anonymous said...

I love all of the updates and please continue to post. I am so excited to meet the beautiful princess when we come to Louisiana for Thanksgiving. What a wonderful Thanksgiving it will be to meet the precious angel God has brought in to your lives , and give thanks for her blessing. Love to you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Finally!! I know the past couple of years have been difficult at times and I'm so HAPPY for you. She has such a beautiful smile and Debbie you do too. I hope the best for you and I know you'll be great parents. You already have proven that twice.

Bridget

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. Hayden and I are in the Mediterranean Sea heading for Cairo, Egypt. I am thrilled for all of you and pray for you. We are having a wonderful time. Please pray for Gordon for I know you have heard his news. I am sorry not to be there, but we speak everyday. Love, Donald

Mary Schneider said...

I'm so happy you have made it home safe and sound. I can't believe that after all these months of anticipation Abby is home, in her highchair and going on walks in her stroller....it's awesome to see!! Thank you so much for letting us follow her adoption. It's been such a gift!
Mary

Terri said...

What a beautiful journey & a beautiful family. May God continue to bless your family. Terri

LMB said...

Keith and I have been keeping up with your progress since you left to pick up Abby. We've been praying for you and I've cried on more than one occasion while reading your blogs. God is indeed good and obviously has His hands on the 3 of you. Welcome home and enjoy your time together as a family!

Much Love, Linda & Keith Barbati

LMB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Welcome home! And I'm looking forward to meeting my new cousin!

Please keep this blog updated, so that those of us who are far away can keep up!

Much Love!
Misty