Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Happy Birthday, Granny & Uncle Daryl

Today, we will take it easy. Last night was tough. She didn't get her naps due to the zoo and other visitors to the room. She won't eat too much other than liquid foods. She has a full mouth of teeth and loves croissants, but doesn't chew them. She puts a piece in her mouth and waits for it to melt away.

She finally slept from 8:00 p.m. to 4:00 this morning. I have her a bottle and she slept off and on til 7:00. I finally was able to get a shower and fix my hair a little bit. Abby slept with Daddy this morning. She thinks Mark is funny and he is able to get her to laugh out loud. She says Momma when she wants to get out of the bed - it's kinda between a scream and crying. We are going to try and get her back on her schedule today.

We are supposed to get her passport today and then we will travel to Guangzhou with the other families on Saturday.

We will post more pictures later. Just wanted to put something out this morning.

Love ya'll and ready to come home.

Abby, Mark & Debbie

6 comments:

Mary Schneider said...

Hang in there!! All three of you are doing fantastic. You are just in transition. This is the part of adoption that I think some people (maybe even myself)romanticize about. Some of the moments may in fact be "Kodak moments", but the rest (the most) are simply reality moments. Your family is growing and experience a measure of "growing pains"...stay strong and stay focused on the big picture. Abby is where she ought to be and the three of you will be home soon. Enjoy China!

Ruth said...

Hi Lil Abby, Mom and Dad

Ruth said...

I'll try this again. I'm forever hitting enter and away you go. I agree with Mary about this being a period that is going to be "black" one day and "rainbows" the next. Our little rosebud has had her young little life turned upside down and how is she to know that you guys aren't going to take her back tomorrow. Live for the rainbows and know that the black days come with the ones you get from a natural pregnancy. Believe me...they all have some of those black days. Jason didn't sleep his first six weeks because of colic and the doctors kept saying he was fine. We finally asked if we could change his formula...got his off regular milk to soy milk and we had a rainbow child. It was about time because I wasn't sure who was going to survive out of the three of us after six weeks of very little sleep, Harry trying to work and me trying to get over a C-section. None of us liked the other one!!!

Live for the good days...get some rest if you possibly can...it will make all the difference in the world.

We love you guys...just hang in there and turn it over to God...he's a great "baby sitter". Wish I could be there to give you guys some rest time.

Auntie Ruth

Anonymous said...

Even though you were tired, thanks for the blog nonetheless. I can understand your readiness to be home. Then you can begin your real life together. Know that you continue to be in my prayers. Love, Donald

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom,Dad and Abby,
I know that you'll are ready to come home. I will come over anytime you need me when you get home and rock Abby and I promise not to SPOIL her. We continue to pray for you,and know that you have our support.
Love ya
Loretta

Anonymous said...

Greetings! I've followed every day of your beautiful daughter,Abby and can't wait to see her in October. My love to the three of you. Hayden