Friday, September 14, 2007

WE ARE IN CHINA!!!











After surviving 2-6 hour layovers, we just arrived in Nanchang.
The driving here is horrendous. People just honk the horn and expect someone to move. Eiko is our Tour Guide and we have already met her. She is a lovely young lady. She is going to arrange for us to have a massage tomorrow. We have been told that that will help you get over the jet lag. We met a number of adopting families on our flight from LAX to Guangzhou. They were from Miami, San Diego, Houston, just to name a few. Today is Friday and it is 4:40 pm here. I don't know what time is going to post on this message. Probably CST. We get our daughter on Sunday afternoon.
All I can tell you ladies that are waiting is get your sleep now, because once you get the call, the excitement sets in and all the ladies I spoke with haven't been able to sleep since (even with some help). I am going to post some pictures.

Everyone is getting ready for the Harvest Moon Festival. We will be in Guangzhou for the beginning of the festival (Sept. 25). They are supposed to have a big parade and everything. It will be great to share that with Abby. There were booths all over the airport selling Moon Cakes. The Chinese don't use the same amount of sugar that we do in our cooking so things that you would think are sweet are not.

Flying China Southern was great! The premium economy was definitely worth it for a 15 hour flight. Angela, we flew over Anchorage! Instead of flying straight over water, we flew up the west coast and then over Japan, Beijing and south to Guangzhou. The flight home is only supposed to be 13 hours. Bring a good book!

You will excuse me if I don't write more right now, but we are exhausted.

Debbie & Mark Stevens

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you guys made I think you are only 1 hour ahead of us time wise. get us you phone# at the hotel and we will try and call you. Get some rest we will call tomorrow morning if that is OK. Love you guys stay well.

Ruth said...

Hi Guys

You look like you did the day you got married. There is such love and excitement on your face. I wish we could be there with you. We are both so excited that you're about to "deliver". Get some rest and we'll try to call you guys tomorrow. What number can we reach you guys.

Love you
Ruth

Unknown said...

YEA! We are so glad you made it there safely! I had to laugh at the pic of you shopping... not wasting any time, huh?

We are very anxious to see pictures with you guys holding Abby!

Joe said he has the info for your house- so no worries- we will have food for you when you arrive home.

Be safe, get lots of rest and ENJOY YOURSELVES!

Love,

Joe and Joanna

Sandra Fruge said...

I am so glad you made it!! Savor every moment, I know you will! You are right - hearing all of this gives me the "itch" :) Definitely get some rest, sounds like they are taking good care of you!! Good luck and keep us posted! Love,

Yvette said...

Enjoy your massage and may Sunday arrive before you know it!!
Yvette

Unknown said...

We are very glad to hear you made the trip safely!! LOL..and you flew over Anchorage, did you wave?? :) Hmmm...wonder if they will make a "pit stop" and just pick us up to save a trip to LAX!! I can't wait to see your Gotcha Day pictures of Abby!! I'm getting all excited for you just thinking about it!! Big hugs to you guys! Angela

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark and Debbie: I knew everything was ok even before I read your message, because I saw you, Debbie, shopping! So glad you made it safely. I can't wait to share the joy that will be yours when God gives you Abby. I have three Masses to say tomorrow and will remember the three of you in all of them. Love, Donald

Sandra Fruge said...

fruge1@cox.net

Anonymous said...

dvblanco@cox.net

Anonymous said...

You arrived, I am so excited for you! Enjoy your massages! And to think you will be holding your daugter in just a few hours.

Mary Schneider said...

I'm just catching up on your blog. So glad you arrived safely....I must read on!

Clement Stevens said...

$20 dollar massages, handmade clothes and a new baby. on top of the world. Iove the video, see if you can get her to show that beautiful smile on video. hope all is well give her kiss, cant wait to hold her.