Saturday, September 15, 2007

Today's the DAY!!


We are to get Abby at 4:30 p.m. today. We have to go to the Civil Affairs office. Then she will be home with us forever!

Our massages were OK - $300 yen = $40 for both of us to have a 1 hr massage. We went to breakfast yesterday morning and had eggs, bacon was like jerky, and bread. We went out in the city with Eiko and that was an experience. One little boy on a bike with his mother, yelled out and pointed at us "Foreigners", We definitely stand out. Many of the young people told us Hello and what to know where we are from. At the hotel yesterday, we met a group that were from Europe and they were leaving for Shanghai to go to their Consulate appointment.

The pollution is bad and that combined with a taxi ride almost made me ill. Jonathan, the lines on the road mean nothing. People are riding bikes, scooters, and walking, and you would think that someone would get hit. It gives you a headache to watch.

The good news - We found a McDonald's and a KFC. The taxi ride was less than $1 US. The hotel brought us a crib, baby bathtub, and a stroller to use while we are here. Tomorrow we go back to the Civil Affairs office and complete some paperwork. Then Eiko said she would take us shopping to find some clothes and shoes for Abby.

The weather is Nanchang is pleasant and not extremely hot or humid. However, their A/Cs are not like ours. We have ours all the way up and it is not cold to us at all. Matter fact at night, we get warm. However, when Eiko came in our room yesterday, she was cold. Guangzhou is supposed to be more like home. Hot & humid.

We talked to Harry and Ruth yesterday in Singapore. It was good to talk to someone who speaks English. I have a book that I brought here called "Americans Adopting Orphans Chinese Language Phrase Book". It has been a big help because I can find the word in English and show someone what it is in Chinese and get an answer.

We hope to post pictures tonight while she sleeps. Love to everyone!

Mark & Debbie

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Debbie and Mark I am so very excited!!!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!!!!!!!! The big day has arrived!!!!! (Yes, I'm crying). Love, Dani

Susan Hughes said...

I know that you are having a fantastic day today with little Abby! God bless you all -- we're so excited and happy for you! Lauren asked me just today when you get Abby --
Can't read to read tomorrow's post. I'm jealous that you will be in China for Moon Festival -- enjoy the mooncakes!

Ruth said...

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. If I wasn't trying to get things finished up here before going home for two months, I would be there at the hotel waiting for y'all this afternoon. I can't believe labor and delivery is almost over. She's here. We finally have our beautiful niece and I can't wait to get home to love up on her.

Our love
Ruth & Harry

I don't know for sure which of us is more excited!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, by now Abby is in your arms. I am so happy for the three of you. I can't wait to see the pictures. Love,Donald

Anonymous said...

I can't wait. I'm gonna be a big brother. Make sure you mention me to her!! Me and Brandon were talking about it today. Yall are in my prayers. Be safe. Hurry Home. I Love You

Mary Schneider said...

I can hardly think of what to say...just a few more hours and she's yours. That crib won't be empty tonight!!